How to save A LOT of money when hiring NYC plumbing experts
Do your own home plumbing NYC “audit” with this quick checklist
Repairing your plumbing in nyc with the right plumber professionals
A plumbing in nyc problem, repair, or emergency in New York City isn’t an “if” kind of problem, it’s a “when”.
finding the right plumber nyc contractor for your emergency plumbing nyc
Imagine this for a moment.
Do NOT hire an nyc plumber until you’ve read this quick guide
East Village Plumber NYC Tips:Water Damage
Water damage is no fun. It’s one of those things that happens to just about every home at some point or another, for this reason or for that. If you find water damage in your kitchen, bathroom, or, really, anywhere, there are a series of steps you should take to ensure you can get things fixed effectively and promptly. In the beginning, you should focus on identifying where the damage is localized, where it’s coming from, and what went wrong. After that, you can go about fixing it with a set series of steps.
Picking Your NYC Plumber
Even if you prefer to do your plumbing work on your own, there are times when expert help from a plumber NYC is necessary. These times might include projects for which you don’t have the right tools, or which you lack the experience to execute. In these cases, it’s usually smarter and safer to just contract the job to someone else and see what you can learn from the way they do it than to try to execute it yourself. This means you’ll have to pick an NYC plumber, though, and that can be a little bit difficult. We’ve developed a handful of ways to help you choose your plumber the right way.
East Village Plumber NYC Tips: Keeping the Bathroom Straight
Plumbing NYC service – General Tips
- Run hot water down the drain every week to ensure no loose debris builds up.
- Use a trash can for solid waste not specifically designed to be flushed own the toilet. Face pads, tampons, and other such things can’t be flushed, do don’t bother trying
- Put your showerhead in a bucket of vinegar for awhile to clear it of mineral deposits
- Call a plumber NYC to repair leaky faucets in the bathroom or shower
- Fit your shower drain with a strainer, and clean it regularly. This prevents hair from clogging the shower drain.
- Drop a strong base down the shower drain every three months. These are in drain cleaners – look for one that contains sodium or potassium hydroxide.
Plumbing NYC service – Showerhead Tips
- As mentioned above, drop your showerhead into vinegar every once in awhile to remove mineral deposits and other water-borne detritus.
- When removing your showerhead, make sure to wrap it in a dry cloth before applying the wrench. This will prevent you from damaging the metal.
- Flush the head with clean, filtered water before replacing it.
- Reassemble the showerhead and repeat every three months, or as needed.
Plumbing NYC service – Cleaning Aerators
- Aerators are responsible for providing pressure in faucets. Cleaning them is required to ensure good flow.
- Wrap the aerator in a washcloth and loosen it with a wrench. Finish unscrewing it with your hands. Be gentle in this step.
- Take the aerator or spray head apart and keep track of all the parts.
- If you have a hearty aerator, you can soak it in vinegar directly. If it’s more delicate, you should use a brush soaked in vinegar to clean sediment and deposits off the aerator.
- After you’ve cleaned the aerator, put it back together, screw it back on, and ensure it’s back on tight with the wrench and washcloth.
Plumbing NYC service – Toilet Leaks
- Check your overflow pipe – water should not be overflowing through it.
- If water is flowing through the overflow pipe, you should adjust your fill valve until the water level is about an inch or so below the overflow tube. Typically, this level is stamped or somehow etched into the pipe, so you’ll know when you hit it.
- Drop some food coloring into the toilet tank. If there’s a leak, the bowl water will become colored in half an hour or so.
- If the bowl color does change, you’ll have to replace the flapper.
- If you need to replace the flapper, take a picture of the part and record the model. Take this information by the hardware store, pick up the parts you need, and bring them back home to install.
- Follow the installation instructions. This is typically very straightforward and does not require the aid of a plumbing NYC service.
East Village Plumbers NYC: Home Plumbing Solutions
Just about anyone with a home or an apartment has had to deal with plumbing problems at least once. And while those problems certainly would have been easier to deal with had a professional been involved, calling a trained plumber NYC isn’t always necessary. It’s important to know how to deal with typical plumbing issues, because they can get in the way of how comfortable your home is supposed to feel. As a homeowner, you owe it to yourself to learn how to deal with common plumbing issues that plumbing NYC services manage often so you can make things more comfortable for yourself and your family without having to rely on the expertise of someone else!
Bathroom & Kitchen Problems
The bathroom and the kitchen are the two most common rooms that are likely to present you with plumbing NYC issues. This is pretty obvious (they’re the only rooms in the house with exposed pipes, after all), but it’s also why they make such great places for DIY-ers to start honing their skills. Learning how to work on these pipes is a great plus, since it saves a ton of money. Getting a new sink professionally installed is expensive. But, buying the parts and doing it yourself can cost as much as 50% less . . . Interested yet?
One of the most common things you’ll deal with as a DIY plumber is leaking. Leaking is usually caused by a loose pipe or loose O-ring (or both, sometimes). In the case of a loose pipe, you’ll need a wrench. In the case of a loose o-ring, you’ll need a wrench and the right o-ring. If you’ve never done any home repairs before, take a picture of what you need replaced or repaired, bring it to your local hardware store, and let them help you make the right selections. Once you’ve got everything in hand, head back home and tighten that pipe.
Sometimes, you’ll have to deal with problems on a larger scale. Blocked pipes in your bathroom or kitchen sink can lead to interrupted flow elsewhere in the house, which, in turn, can lead to larger plumbing problems you’ll have to deal with. Luckily, if this is the case, dealing with the bathroom or kitchen clog should allow you to deal with all the problems that arise from this one issue. Purchasing powerful drain cleaners and pipe cleaning is a great way to investigate all the pipes you can access easily in the bathroom and kitchen, and in many instances, is sufficient to solve the problem.
Miscellaneous Problems of Household Plumbing in NYC
Toilets with handles that need to be “jiggled” to work usually require some plumbing. In particular, they’re indicative of an old flapper system. The first step to fixing this problem is to open up the toilet’s back and check what kind of flapper you have (look for brand and model information). Bring this information to your hardware store, and you should be able to pick up what you need with instructions specific to that flapper.
Something to keep in mind about toilet clogs is that they rarely respond to chemical drain cleaners, so you should buy an auger, or a snake. This is a metal pipe cleaner you can shove into the toilet’s drain to break up blockages. You can also use a plunger if the blockage isn’t too severe. If none of these options work, then you will most likely need to call a professional NYC Plumber.